All across the world, we have seen events having to postpone or cancel because of the COVID-19 pandemic, whether it is locally (FACTS Spring) or other gaming events such as E3 (June), Gamescom (August), Paris Games Week (November) and Blizzcon (November).
We felt fortunate to have GameForce in October and held a positive outlook on the situation, especially considering how Belgium has done in the past few months. There are however a few things that have forced our hand:
» Many of our largest partners have indicated that they would not attend events in 2020, something we fully respect considering the highly uncertain future we face.
» Another issue is that there is no clear path ahead for major events. It is virtually impossible to go full out with an event that could still potentially get cancelled, because the thought of COVID-19 will continuously dominate the conversation.
We will not and cannot ask our audience to put its health on the line and to attend an event decapitated by the loss of a range of huge partners and with still, we have decided that it would be best to postpone the event to 6 – 7 March 2021.
Do not worry, we are still working hard to make this edition the best we have had so far. We had already signed several new additions prior to the pandemic and we are confident that this edition will deliver on that promise to be the best one yet.
Your ticket will still be valid at the new date. However, we will allow refunds for everyone who wants a refund: please send an email to email@example.com and we will take care of everything.
We hope you understand our decision and that we will be able to welcome you in spring. Stay safe and rest assured that we are still working diligently to make this next GameForce the best one so far.
PS: keep an eye on our page, we may still do something in October, albeit in a different shape and form.
We have tried to delay the decision as much as we could, to see whether things would evolve in a beneficial way, but halas, we are forced to inform you that GameForce 2020 will be postponed to March 6 – 7 2021.